Monday, February 4, 2013

Where are you now?

I was listening to Red's album "Until We Have Faces"
Until We Have Faces 

I have heard this song countless times. Today this song seemed to explain exactly how I have been feeling lately. For the first time in my life I have been learning how to deal with a difficult situation in a healthy way. I am allowing myself to grieve.

I am not the only one who is facing similar heartache. 
You are not alone if someone in your life has walked away and you are waiting for them to return home.

Countless times, I have written in my journal: 
Where are you? Where did you go? 
Will you come back to love me?
I used to know you.
Who are you?
Why?

So many of us are walking around wounded. Some of us are still recognizing our worth. Many of us fight for our worth by forgiving and loving others even as they walk away. Although, this may not always feel good, true love does not hold onto what the person did to you, rather you let the person and action go by handing it up to God. He alone can handle the toughest situations. 

This does not mean that you must continue to put up with sinful behavior. This does not mean that the pain will instantly go away. It also does not mean that the situation will be fixed. The certainty is that your heart will not be tied down in bondage to that pain or to that person. Because of this there is freedom. Your heart can be healed and shaped beautifully by the hands of love.

How many of you are waiting for someone you love to return? How many of you are learning what it means to let go of pain due to the words or hands of others?

You are not alone. 
Hold on.
There is hope.
Cling to Love.
Forgive daily.
Allow yourself to grieve.
Open yourself up, let go of the pain, and let Love hold you.

Listen to this song. Maybe it will allow the tears to break forth for more healing. 
Do not be afraid to allow yourself to feel.
Grieve. 
Let go.
There is hope for their return.



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment