Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Longing for You



The time has come and gone, and I stand here longing. A land so close, an unending love for a people I hardly know. I see your faces in my dreams.

The desire burns in my heart to pick up a dirty orphan child who is desperate for a mother’s love. I thought I would return to you long before now. I never intended to leave you behind. I see your faces in my dreams.

I ache for your small arms to wrap around my neck. Is it just a mother’s desire inside of me? Truly I know that nothing will ever erase this fire in my soul to save each of you. I see your faces in my dreams.

Red dirt, bare feet, your footprints are forever on my heart. Round belly, and big yellow eyes, the loneliness is something that will forever haunt me. I see your faces in my dreams.

Contagious laughter, dirty tears I am sorry I am not there to dry them. Who is there with you now? I wonder how much longer it will be until I can hold you. I see your faces in my dreams.

This burning desire to come and save you is more real than ever before. It is as if I hear all of your voices calling my name during the night. Calling me back to a place where my heart is my home and strangers call me sister. I see your faces in my dreams.

Red, yellow, black, and white I see your faces in my dreams. I will come to you when He sends me and I will bring with me another hero. This time will be different. This time I can kiss the tears you cry and together we can dream under the same sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment