Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Faithfulness


Miracles. Goals met. Dreams fulfilled and beginning at the same time. Astounding breakthroughs and bondage breaking off of me. Healing. Passion. Grace. Forgiveness. Love. Amazing support. Huge growth.

This pretty much sums up the last two weeks of life for my husband and I. We indeed are learning more and more what it means to live by faith. We are learning what it means to allow the Lord to weld us further together so that in Him we defeat the enemy and give glory to God in all that we do. Praise His name!

Most recently I have made the connection that much of what I have struggled with has been that my perception of success and my responsibility towards others has been slightly skewed. I have lived most of my life thinking that being “responsible for” was what I was supposed to be doing without even realizing it. I look back now and realize that if I had seen that I am only “responsible to” people it would have eliminated a lot of hurt and confusion between both parties. When I am only “responsible to” someone I know that I can do my part, the part that God has asked me to do, and leave the rest up to the other person. I am not responsible for their actions or lack thereof. I am not responsible for what they say or may not say.

I used to think that I failed or could not seem to communicate in the right way because no solution came afterward. Now I realize that I had the wrong perception on my role. It was not that I failed necessarily, but as long as I did what God had called me to do, I succeeded greatly whether anything changed thereafter. With this realization, a huge load is taken from my shoulders and no confusion ensues when what I do is not working or nothing seems to change.

But I will continue to remain faithful to all that the Lord is asking of me. I will continue to allow God to change me, to transform my heart to reflect His own. My greatest desire is to please Him and Him alone. When I hear Him whisper amazing truths in my ear, and I see the look of Love for me in His eyes, nothing else matters but Him.

Galatians 1:10 states it best, “Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.” (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment