Monday, December 9, 2013

Come Home

Jamie's Song- Kristene Mueller


(I walked down the aisle on my wedding day to this as a prayer that someday you would come home to us... after all, we all were wanderers who had been found in the arms of God when He pursued us. You are loved.)


I stand here on the sidelines, feeling helpless, yet the prayers I pray shake the atmosphere.
A broken dream I never knew could break is being smashed to pieces before me.
How can you not see it? 
How can there be such destruction?

My heart breaks as each piece falls.
I moan in agony as I see the final blow being wound up to finish what the enemy started long ago.
God, please intervene! 
We need you!

The ache is almost too much to bear.
Each breath is a painful reminder of that which has just been lost.
I weep, creating an ocean with my tears.
And only you God can save me from these torrent waves. 
....
   L
      O
         V
            E
              .. 
                 ..
                   C
                      O
                         M
                             E
                                ..
                                  ..
                                    S
                                      A
                                         V
                                            E
                                              ..
                                                ..
                                                  M
                                                     Y
                                                       ..
                                                        ..
                                                          FAMILY
                                                           

Forgive us for our dark places that were never surrendered to your light.
Forgive us for following other lovers.
Extend your mercy upon us.
Heal this family and put back together all of these broken pieces.

We need you.
                    Go find them.
                                        Bring them home.
                                                                  Please come home.


Psalm 119:10
 “With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!”

No comments:

Post a Comment