Monday, February 6, 2012

Victorious!

Betrayed. Stolen from and raped of innocence. Darkness. Fear. Distrust. Lack of courage. Old self, you once were my constant reality. Now dead, I revel in the victory that Christ has given me! I stand in freedom and a joy that gives my heart wings and lifts my voice out from the depths. For so many years, I was convinced that the ravages of the enemy parading what he had stolen from me would forever dim my life. With a sneer he would flaunt it in every direction that I would look.

With Christ beside me, I took back my voice Sunday. Goodbye old fear. Goodbye old self that lacked the courage to do so long ago. As I stood on stage, before the throne of God, my greatest desire was only to please and glorify Him as I went forth following His instructions for me to take back my voice that was stolen from me. The enemy lay defeated and slain, with no power because of Christ and His healing power and love!

It is difficult to put into words this transformation that has taken place in me that flooded my soul on Sunday. I am in awe at the hand of God so deep within me! It felt as if my heart and soul opened up wider and deeper as I took back ground and sang in the power of the Holy Spirit. For the first time in years, when I sang, my heart finally felt like it was flying, just as it did when I was younger. All I can do is cry in thankfulness. And my tears, along with my hair, I will use to wipe the feet of Jesus. My greatest desire is to love Him with my whole heart.

Now more than ever, I know that wherever I go I must keep looking into the eyes of Jesus. I must not look to the right or the left. He is my strength. He is all I need. And His power is greater than any other. What victory does Jesus want you to have this year, this month, today? Go for it. Unlike the enemy, there is so much more that God wants to give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment